The second last week has also come to an end. We are almost there at the end of the ride. Me and Sartaj had a meeting on 13th of August about the final leftovers to be done, and wrapping up the GSoC work successfully. Here are the works which have been completed in Week 11, and the last amount of work to be completed in Week 12.
I feel happy to let you know that both the previous PRs, the first
aseriesPR #17167, and the
FomalPowerSeriesclass PR #17134 has been merged by Sartaj. Some important code finally in the repository of SymPy.
aseriesPR #17303 needs some work to be done. There are currently some bugs which are popping up, which are becoming hard to debug. Hopefully, I can debug them by week 12, and the PR can then be merged, marking the end of the work in the field of
Also, I started work in the field of
limits. I had accumulated some failing limit tests, which I listed in Issue #17380. For example -
>>> from sympy import * >>> x = symbols('x') >>> limit(x*(((x + 1)**2 + 1)/(x**2 + 1) - 1), x, oo) 0
while the answer actually should be
>>> from sympy import * >>> x = symbols('x') >>> limit(x*(-1 + (x + log(x + 1) + 1)/(x + log(x))), x ,oo) 0
while the actual answer should be
So, I pushed a PR #17381, and there I added some logic in
core/add.py. You can visit my PR for the logic and more failing tests, which are being corrected. Currently it is undergoing reviews, and it should be merged by the end of Week 12.
That’s it for this week.! See you in the last and final blog post of the summer!!